You get one shot to maintain a beautiful smile and healthy teeth. It takes minimal effort to secure that beautiful smile for a lifetime. What can you do to prevent tooth loss? Check out five tips on the list below.
1. Brush Your Teeth: Twice daily brushing keeps plaque buildup away and prevents cavities. Use a fluoride toothpaste and brush for two minutes when you wake up and again when you go to bed. This is the easiest way to keep your teeth in good condition for a long time to come.
2. Floss: When brushing your teeth, don’t forget to floss. Flossing removes particles stuck between the teeth that traditional brushing leaves behind. Love that smile and fresh breath!
3. You Are What You Eat: Make sure that your diet includes fresh fruits, fresh veggies, and lean sources of protein like fish. The food that you eat affects your oral health and the rest of your body. When the diet includes good food, there is less risk of cavities and other oral health concerns.
4. Visit the Dentist: The ADA recommends everyone visit their dentist twice per year for dental exams and cleanings. Schedule an appointment between these times if oral health concerns arise. Nothing is more important than visiting your dentist for care twice each year.
5. Protect Your Teeth: Mouthguards protect athletes while they play their favorite sports, but this is one of many occasions when it is important to protect your teeth. Always buy quality protective mouthguards and mouth gear to prevent knocking out one of your teeth or causing chips, cracks, or other problems.
You can avoid a tooth extraction using the five tips above. When it cannot be avoided, find a good tooth extraction near me fairview heights dentist to take care of your needs.